Who We AreWe Are Diverse But Not Divided
The Australian Autism Alliance was established in 2016 and is one strong voice for autism.
We are a diverse national network combining representative, experienced and expert voices.
The Alliance brings together key autism organisations representing people on the autism spectrum, their parents and carers, service providers and researchers who aim to realise the potential of autistic Australians.
Through our activities, we are seeking to add unique value to the lives of people on the autism spectrum in Australia.
Together, our participant organisations currently:
- Reach over 170 000 people through our communication channels and have strong on-line communities
- Provide direct support to over 30 000 people with autism across the lifespan from early childhood to adulthood
- Operate 230 service outlets across Australia
- Employ in excess of 3 000 staff across the country
- Employ, or provide pathways to employment, for 350 autistic adults
- Contribute significantly to the Australian economy by generating and delivering an estimated $200m of supports and services
- Build capacity of the broader community through training and advisory services for over 60 000 people per year
- Have significant national and international linkages for advocacy, research and service delivery
We continue to have discussions with other organisations to ensure broad representation
Every organisation has a story… here is ours.
In August 2015, the Australian Advisory Board on Autism initiated an invitation to key autism groups to establish the proposed “Australian Autism Alliance” – a pioneering network of organisations seeking to add unique value to the lives of people on the autism spectrum in Australia.
It was recognised that there was a need to bring together key autism organisations representing people on the autism spectrum, their parents and carers, service providers and researchers with the common aim to realise the potential of autistic Australians.
The Australian Autism Alliance was formally established in August 2016 to be one united voice for autism.
Learn more about the Australian Advisory Board on Autism.
Register to become an Australian Autism Alliance Ally
Last updated on Friday 17, 2023